It’s common to hear that water is essential for your health. But why?
This substance makes up a majority of your body weight and is involved in many important functions, including:
- Flushing out waste from your body
- Regulating body temperature
- Helping your brain function
You get most of you water from drinking beverages, but food also contributes a small amount to your daily water intake.
Read on to learn more ways water can help improve your well-being.
- It helps create saliva
- It regulates your body temperature
- It protects your tissues, spinal cord, and joints
- It helps excrete waste through perspiration, urination, and defecation
- It helps maximize physical performance
- It helps prevent constipation
- It aids in digestion
- It helps with nutrient absorption
- It helps you lose weight
- It improves blood oxygen circulation
- It helps fight off illness
- It helps boost energy
- It aids in cognitive function
- It helps improve mood
- It helps keep skin bright
- It prevents overall dehydration
How much should you drink?
Being attentive to the amount of water you drink each day is important for optimal health. Most people drink when they’re thirsty, which helps regulate daily water intake
The bottom line water is important to nearly every part of your body. Not only will hitting your daily recommended intake help you maintain your current state of being, it may even improve your overall health.
Read the full article here