The Toxic Air We Breathe!
“Invisible particles in the air are responsible for three of the top ten causes of ill health and death worldwide…When we think of health hazards, many things come to mind: bad nutrition, car accidents, addiction to drugs. But one we rarely consider is our exposure to particulate matter in the air we breathe
There are respiratory effects, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and lung cancer, but the cardiovascular effects—primarily heart attacks and strokes—are a much bigger impact. There is a still a lot of research being done on how pollution is driving these effects, but the evidence suggests that particulate matter causes increased inflammation, which drives a variety of these outcomes, from respiratory to cardiovascular.
There is emerging evidence that particulate matter also affects neurological functions such as autism and Alzheimer’s disease, especially in children and older people. These neurotoxic effects of particulate matter are becoming more and more recognized, and appear to be quite important.”
Read the full story here: https://now.tufts.edu/articles/toxic-air-we-breathe
Food, water and sleep are all important, but air is the most immediate need. It’s something we use several times a minute! What could be more worthwhile than improving air quality? The groups who spend the most time at home are children and the elderly. Good indoor air quality is even more essential for them.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Advanced, multiple-stage filtration
- High-efficiency particulate air filter exceeds the measured efficiency of capturing up to 99.97% of 0.3 micron particles in the air.
- Advanced system to generate negative-ions (similar to those found in natural environments such as forests and lakes)
- Ozone-free operation (non-toxic)
- Particle sensor: detects ambient pollution levels and operates automatically
- Can be placed on manual operation when desired
- Air quality display shows room air quality
Environmentally friendly technology
- Energy Star qualified: 35% more efficient than standard models and saves a minimum of 215 kilowatt-hours per year
- Re-usable prefilter for a reduced carbon footprint
- Replaceable filters (recommended every six months)